Hearing an artist do one of their songs' acoustically is truly a spiritual experience. Not only do you get to experience the song differently, but so do they. It brings a whole new dynamic to the meaning and makes you pay attention to the lyrics and the mood of the overall piece. Swift is known for her universally relatable, poetic yet not pretentious, strikingly gorgeous lyrics. So when she slows down a bit with a piano below her or a guitar in her arms, you know something good is about to go down.
You know what they say, life is too short to pretend you don't like catchy Taylor Swift songs.
1. Blank Space
Just when we thought most iconic pop ballad of 2015 couldn't get any better, this happened.
2. Forever and AlwaysThe piano version of 'Forever and Always' on Fearless was so good, she even included it on the album.
3. All Too WellDoes anyone else remember watching this live and bawling their eyes out? Not many people can capture an entire audience with just their words and a piano, but Taylor earned it with this performance.
4. Haunted"Come on, come on, don't leave me like this." So breathtakingly hopeless it makes you wanna crawl up into bed forever. With a lot of tears, of course.
5. MineYou'd think what makes 'Mine' so great is the catchy, up-beat country vibes, but Swift proves to us this classic is so much better stripped.
6. Wildest Dreams / Enchanted MashupFans are literally BEGGING for a studio version of this actual artistic masterpiece, but for now, all we have is bad quality youtube videos. Two of her most lyrically stunning songs mashed up into a realm of dreams and starry nights makes us all miss the one that got away.
7. Riptide (originally by Vance Joy)Although originally performed by Vance Joy, Tay brings this Riptide in a whole new direction. Her immense appreciation for other artists is what makes her so great, and you can tell she connects to the song. She even took Joy on tour with her!
8. OursSang so sweetly and purely, all I see is someone who has been performing for nearly a decade but still finds so much worth in her words. Just when you think the chorus is about to get all electric on us, she keeps it simple and heartwarming.
9. You're Not SorryThe signature hair flips, the irreplaceable passion, and the new level of anger in this version. Yes please.