These not-too-spooky Halloween decorations are fun to make and double as a snack for our feathered friends! Our Kin Parents Producer Robert Mahar compiled this cute kid-friendly project. Hang from tree branches and bushes in view of your windows to see the birdies' banquet.
Helpful note! These birdseed ornaments can be make in any shape cookie cutter for any holiday. They make sweet gift and party favors!
Materials & Tools:
1 packet unflavored gelatin
light corn syrup
1. Combine 1 packet of clear, unflavored gelatin with ½ cup of water and stir.
2. Add in 3 tablespoons of light corn syrup and ¾ cup of all-purpose flour and stir.
3. Pour in 3 cups of bird seed and mix.
4. Place cookies cutters on parchment paper. Coat inside of cookie cutters with cooking spray.
5. Spoon in birdseed mixture and press into cutter using the back of a spoon also coated in cooking spray.
6. Cut a drinking straw and poke into ornaments to create hanging holes.
6. Allow to dry overnight.
7. Gently press ornaments out of cookie cutters.
8. String with twine and hang.
Find more of Robert's work at http://www.maharcraft.tumblr.com
Find everything you need for this project at http://rdy.cr/2e05e9